Can you imagine a world where everything is in ruins?
Can you imagine a life where no one values anything above themselves?
Can you imagine a day when people could really care less about the well beings of others?
Can you imagine a time when all the teachings of the Lord have seemed to vanish from our thoughts?
Hopefully you can... Because that's what we're living in right now.
Why have we forgotten our priorities? Why have we neglected to think about what's really important?
Because we're imperfect humans, yes. Of course, this doesn't excuse us from horrible behavior. We must still try to stay on that path of righteousness. Don't stray.
As you can probably tell, I'm regarding a matter close to my heart. I'm tired of mediocrity in people's attitudes towards each other. What happened to brotherly love? How come people have all of a sudden forgotten about treating others with respect? What's with this madness?!
Recently I purchased the Skillet song "Whispers In The Dark". Although the meaning is slightly vague, I think that all of us can get the gist of it.
"No, you'll never be alone
When darkness comes
I'll light the night with stars
Hear my whispers in the dark
No, you'll never be alone
When darkness comes
You know I'm never far
Hear my whispers in the dark"
Obviously the singer is playing the part of someone speaking to someone that they're trying to comfort. Whether or not Skillet was intending on them "playing the part" of God or not, these lyrics are still a great example of how we should be treating others. We're supposed to be helping them up, not tearing them down. Let's take a look at the rest of the song,
"Despite the lies that you're making
Your love is mine for the taking
My love is just waiting
To turn your tears to roses"
Obviously they can't really turn someone's tears into to roses (Unless they really are God), but it's still a nice metaphor. Saying that they're going to transform their sadness to happiness- or at least semi-okayness. They [The singer] are forgiving the person for their lies, and are still taking care of them.
"I'll be the one that's gonna hold you
I'll be the one that you run to
My love is a burning
Consuming fire"
Bringing this person into their grasp; taking them into their arms when they run to them... Letting their love take over and consume them. This song really is a great example of what Jesus is like to us. Despite the lies that we make- against Him- he still loves us, no matter what. He "turns our tears to roses".
"No, you'll never be alone
When darkness comes
I'll light the night with stars
Hear my whispers in the dark
No, you'll never be alone
When darkness comes
You know I'm never far
Hear my whispers in the dark"
Hear His whispers in the dark…
"You feel so lonely and ragged
You lay here, broken and naked
My love is just waiting
To clothe you in crimson roses"
Even when "you" were broken and ragged, He took you into His arms. When "you" lay there broken and naked, He clothed you- with crimson roses.
"I'll be the one that's gonna find you
I'll be the one that's gonna guide you
My love is a burning
Consuming fire"
He found us when we were lost. When we had strayed of the path of righteousness, he found us, and guided us back onto it.
So we can see from this song "Whispers In The Dark" not only how Jesus treats us, but how we should be treating others.
I hope that, after reading this, you try to show a little bit more kindness in whatever actions you make; in whatever words you say. Join me in the mission to reach out and change the world!
To get more "Friends Like That".
Wednesday, March 11, 2009
Talk About A Friend Like That
Posted by Brenna at 10:20 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Great post, as always Brenna! I'm tired of people's mediocrity also! Why do people have to try to destroy the hopes and dreams of others?!? Because of sin. I hope more people will take a stand against this and be kinder to others! At least I'm with ya sistah in Christ!! ;) LOL! Skillet uses GREAT imagery!
~ Pink Dolphin 14 ~
† GOD BLESS pureNRG!! †
† GOD BLESS THE RUBYZ!! †
Everytime I read your post, I am blown away all over again. You are the most amazing writer. You really have a talent!!!I agree with you, everything is getting lost. Morals, kindness, everything. It's very sad, I hope God can show people the way back to the path
Thank you SO much, PD and Kaylee! These comments mean so much to me!
Brenna!! "Whispers in the Dark" is one of my absolute favorite songs of all time!! :P You hit the nail right on the head with this one...the first few paragraphs spoke to me like you wouldn't believe. This world we live in has brought me to my knees. Keep the posts coming...this was was so awesome!
"Despite the lies that you're making
Your love is mine for the taking
My love is just waiting
To turn your tears to roses
You feel so lonely and ragged
You lay here broken and naked
My love is just waiting
To clothe you in crimson roses"
We live in a generation who desperately needs this message. I'm praying that God will continue to use you to get that message out! You go girl! :P
Aww, thanks, Candice!! :D
Post a Comment