Thursday, June 11, 2009

And So We Go Our Separate Ways...

I'm not sure that I've ever met another person who cheers when the school year starts, and cries when it ends.

I've said it before, and I'm sure I'll say it again- this was, without a doubt, the best school year ever.

With my speech and debate league, my online school, all the friends I've acquired, all the new bands I've found, all the things I've learned (Academic and not), and everything else put together, I've had the time of my life. I was really sad to officially end seventh grade. Before, I've always cheered when summer came, and I had no more responsibilities for a few months. But now... I just wish it would come back...

Our mothers are always talking about how we grow up so quickly. About how so big, so independent- how, soon enough, we'll be out of the house, and we won't need them anymore. Most of the time, we just shake our heads and laugh or sigh at them.

I think I know how they feel now.

My childhood is slipping away from me so quickly. Why would I want it to go by quicker? Why would I want to fast forward through the "boring" months? We should be holding on to what we have while we have it. I only have five years of school left. It seems like a long time, but I'm honestly sad that I have so little of my being a youth left.

As I watch my friends graduate and promote, I think of how quickly the time is slipping by. Some are going into junior high, some are going into high school, and some are slipping away from this blissful youth hood that we have. I love all of my friends so much, and the impact that they have made on me this year is amazing. I'll never forget the people I've met at tournaments and my online school. As I say goodbye to some, and hello to others, I wonder where life will take them in the future.

As we continue to go our separate ways, I encourage all of you to cherish what you have at the moment. I loved this year in my life, and am sure I'll have many other pleasant ones in the future, along with not so great ones. But rain or shine, I'll always love the day that God has placed in my life.

Even if I have a math test...

6 comments:

Olivia said...

I know what you mean Brenna! Sometimes I wish I could be a few more years older cuz I could do this or that, but what I have now isn't gonna last forever and we should cherish it while it lasts! Great post! It does feel so weird though to think that *I'm* going into high school....yikes! =D

Anonymous said...

I know Brenna and Addie! What you guys said is SO true! I was really scared when I first came into High School too Addie. I'm still scared of people my age, especially guys. I guess it's bcuz the ones I knew in elementary school were manipulative and rude and most of them hated me (I still don't know why). But we do want to grow up too fast.

~ Pink Dolphin 14 ~

† GOD BLESS pureNRG!! †

Olivia said...

Wow, you haven't made a post in awhile Brenna! *hint hint* =P lol, jk!

Brenna said...

Haha... I've been working on a post right now, but I forgot about it. It should be up in the next day or two.

Olivia said...

lol, and wouldn't you know you posted it in the same day I asked=P Livy gonna go read it now=D

Brenna said...

Hehe... This isn't even the post I've been working on. I just realized it that I had written a couple sentences a long time ago on it, and finished it today. On a whim of inspiration. ^_^