It was four years ago today...
On October 29th, 2004, my baby sister went to go be with her eternal Father. Although I miss her more than you can imagine, I still trust in the Lord. He took my sister from me when she was only six weeks old, but I haven't strayed from Him. After all, without God, I don't know how I could have survived these last four years. I would have been entirely devastated. I miss my sister dearly, but I haven't given up faith in the Lord...
I remember the night she died as if it was yesterday. Getting the phone call telling us that we needed to come say our last goodbyes; the silence as we put on our jackets and rode to the hospital; standing right close by her in her last hour; and watching her heart rate drop slowly. My memories are vivid. They'll never fade.
I really will miss all the times I should have had with my sister. Sharing a room, buying her clothes and toys, teaching her all sorts of things, sharing secrets, giggling together about things that we would never tell our parents, having her as my maid of honor, and, most of all, the love. The hugs, and the kisses. And simply knowing that my sister is there.
I love Katherine, and will miss her so, but I praise the Lord that she's living with Him eternally.
She's off to Heaven
The Place where Jesus reigns
Where sadness is unheard of
Somewhere she’ll feel no pain
I’m sure we’ll miss her greatly
While she’s away from us
But before too long we’ll be joining her
In that place so glorious
She’s off to Heaven.
Rest in protection.
Wednesday, October 29, 2008
She's Off to Heaven...
Posted by Brenna at 11:36 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment