Friday, November 7, 2008

All these years...

Sixteen... Sixteen... Sixteen years that you've used all up... Sixteen... Sixteen... Sixteen years you've lived your life...

GAME ON!

My big brother, Jordan, turned sixteen today! It's amazing. He's got his learner's permit, he's started driving, he's taller than ever, and he's SIXTEEN!!

I remember the old days, when playing LEGOS with me was his favorite pass-time. Now the LEGOS have been packed up, and he'd much rather spend his day in the science lab, saving the world from some deadly disease- in his imagination, of course. ;)

Jordan and I have always been kind of close. Sure, we want to bite each other's heads off sometimes, but we really love each other, and I love having a big brother around to look after me. (sometimes)

Heck, I can even start describing him in French! Il est intelligent (that's seriously the French word for "smart"), et amusant, et intéressant, et taquin, et mince, et sympathique- but most of all, he's my frère.

And, oh, the memories! Like the one time where he convinced me to lie under the swing while swang he on it? The results- My first bloody nose.

Or the time where he lifted up the brick in the back yard and twenty crickets jumped out... He told me they were hornets, and laughed his head off as I ran screaming.

Oh, and my personal favorite- the time he made me eat dog kibble. Let me tell ya, that stuff is way worse than it looks.

But seriously, I have had some good moments with him. Like the one time when we were obsessed with Spy Kids 3D? We acted out that movie over and over.

Or playing that old game with our dogs. I forget exactly how to play, but we loved it. He even made videos of us playing.

But then there's simply the love, the hugs, the "good nights", and simply the joy of having a sibling. Nothing can replace that.

Happy birthday, Jordan. :)

0 comments: