Thursday, November 27, 2008

What I'm Really Thankful For...

Family and friends?

A warm house?

Three meals a day?

Yes, of course I'm thankful for those, but there's something else that comes over those, and makes them look pale in comparison.

I'm sure you're wondering what it is, so I'll just tell you already! :P

I am ever so enormously thankful to be accepted into the family of God. To be a Christian. To be a daughter of the Lord. To be part of the church. To know that He's always there, right by my side, ready to catch me if I fall.

It's horrible to think what my life would be like if I wasn't a believer. Without Christ, there's really no reason to live. That's why my blog is titled "Live My Life For You". I live for Him and Him alone. So what if I have to live on the streets and get nothing but a piece of bread and one sip of water a day? Who cares if I'm wearing shorts and a tank top in the winter? He's always there for me, and He's never going to leave.

Yes, there's certianly other things I'm thankful for! (Not to mention HE'S given them to me, :D)

Such as my wonderful family. *huggles for Dad, Mom, Jordan and Hudsie*

And my awesome friends.

And my other earthly treasures, such as my iPod, my books, my bed, and even this computer.

But even when I'm being showered with gifts every moment, the one thing that I love the most and couldn't live without is Jesus Christ in my heart. He's the one who keeps me moving.

1 Thessalonians 5:18 - "Give thanks in all circumstances for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus."


Psalm 100 - "Make a joyful noise to the Lord, all the lands!
Serve the Lord with gladness! Come into God's presence with singing!
Know that the Lord is God! It is he that made us, and we are his;
we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture.
Enter his gates with thanksgiving, and his courts with praise!
Give thanks to him, bless his name!
For the Lord is good;
his steadfast love endures for ever,
and his faithfulness to all generations."

Thank you, Lord, for accepting me into your family.

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone. (:

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Brenna, it's Olivia(lovetodance355, from the pureNRG website!)!!! I just voted on you poll. I decided to go with listening to Christmas music!!! Ah, I love Christmas!

Anywho, I really like you blog, and thanks for giving me the link to it, and making it available to the public!

I love how you always incorporate bible verses and always bring in verses that really relate to everyone's lives! I couldn't agree more with you last post...I agree 100%!!! We have SO much to be thankful for, and all the blessings in our lives are given to us from Him! Without him we wouldn't have anything!

Thanks again Brenna, and sorry for such a long post;)

Brenna said...

Thanks so much, Olivia! I always love receiving comments, and I'm so glad to have some of my friends from pureNRG's website reading this. (:

And don't worry about long comments- I love them. ;)

Anonymous said...

Hi! I was just fooling around when I stumbled across your blog. I am very impressed with your faithfulness to God, and am grateful to your public acknowledgment of him. Thank-you for making your blog open, as I would like to read it! I also enjoy writing, and I am eager to read what you have recently written.

-Maritza

Brenna said...

Thank you for your comment, Maritza! It's great to know that people are reading. (:

Anonymous said...

Hey brenna!
Happy LATE Thanksgiving
That's cool that you have people commenting on you're blog!
I haven't updated in a while...
Well, maybe I should go update riiiiight now!
Well...Maybe not right now but after this comment of course!
Bye!

-PeenkeesPlace

Madi said...

Hey, Brenna!
Time to update!

-PeenkeesPlace :D

Brenna said...

I've actually already been working on one, Madi. :) It should be up soon.

Madi said...

Oh... Yay!
I love reading your blog!
-Peenkeesplace

P.S. I can't remember the name of will's blog...

Anonymous said...

http://crazytexan96.blogspot.com but i haven't updated in a while, nothing interesting's happened.

Madi said...

Oh! Thanks will!
I Just checked it!


-Peenkee =P

Madi said...

Hurry up with that post Brenna!!!
LOL =P
I keep on checking your blog.
EVERY day
I Don't get how you post such long posts! LOL
On my blog I feel like I have nothing to say! Please, Please, Please Hurry up with that post!!! LOL
=D