Friday, November 14, 2008

Me? A Model?

I know what you're thinking...

Uncoordinated Brenna? With too big feet and too pale skin? You're joking, right!

No, I'm not seriously thinking about becoming a model. But just read on. (:

From the time I was about five, until I was around eleven, I wanted to be an actor. That was all. Some famous actor like... Johnny Depp. Well, hehe, not a person like Johnny- just as famous as him. It was my dream, and it was all I could ever think about. I wanted to do it, I wanted to do it, I wanted to do it!

Well, during that time, I was going through that stage all girls go through. Where you think you're ugly, and that nobody could ever like you because you look horrible. But then I started to get compliments. All sorts of people were telling me that I was beautiful, with these great big blue eyes, wonderfully white skin, thick, shiny, fine hair- and tallness. (F.Y.I., I'm about 5'8) I started to think... Hey, maybe I could like, be a model! And an actress! That would be perfect! I started to have dreams of walking through Target and seeing my face smiling out at me from magazines. To hear people walking around, talking about how I was their favorite actress. To see my name on the credits of some huge movie. To act on a Hollywood set, and then go pose for a camera.

A couple weeks ago, I was remembering this dream. I had dropped it a long time ago, due to the fact that my mom had told me it wasn't possible. Too much time, too much money, and starting way too late. I was completely crushed at first, but then I found writing and music. (Forget acting and modeling!) I started to wonder where I could have been if I had kept on pursuing that dream. Would I really be famous all across America? Would I really be a gorgeous model?

I found my answer two nights ago.

When I was about ten, I started reading this series called "The Lily Series." I decided to pick the books up again last night. They're pure twaddle, but I've always loved them.

They're about a girl named Lily Robbins who's never been really able to figure out what her "thing" is. Her mom's an athlete, along with her younger brother, her older brother's a band geek, and her dad is obsessed with literature. But Lily? Who knows! In the first book, a lady from a modeling agency visits Lily's school. When Lily, Lily who thinks she's way too tall, too pale, to large-lipped, and red haired, is told by this woman that she's basically drop dead gorgeous and is given an invitation to visit the modeling agency to see if she would be permitted into a class, Lily goes all for it. She thinks this'll be her thing! She'll be a something- a model. Well, like Lily does, she goes all out. She loves modeling, and starts to revolve her life around it. And when she finishes the modeling class (which, by the way, she made it into), she's told that people from all over the country are inquiring about her, she gets very excited. But when she learns that it will take away most of her life, she starts to really think about it Is she willing to give up all that she loves, just to model? The answer is NO.

So she drops it.

But when she was still modeling, her parents and teacher told her to search for God at the agency. Could she still worship God through modeling? Lily had a hard time finding it, but finally did. She could spread the word of God through it.

I was just thinking about how I used to want to act and model, simply for the fame. But now I'm realizing what an influence I could have on people. If I, a famous actor, was still an awesome role model, and a God loving woman, then I could win both ways! So the answer is no, I don't think I could be a famous model/actress. But I do think that I can still share the word of God through everything else I do.

No, I'm not thinking about modeling again, I'm just thinking about the benefits.

Thanks for listening. Typing it all out really helps me get my thoughts straight. XD

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Cool website! I love the post. That book sounds so cool. And I love your poem about your sister! I wrote a poem when my grandma was in the hospital for the second time (that was about 2 weeks ago). Maybe I'll type it to you l8er or tomorrow. Please pray for my grandma. Lately she's been in and out of the hospital. In the past 2 or 3 weeks she's been there about 5 times! Cool website and keep up the good work!

~Pink Dolphin 14~

:D Happy Thanksgiving! Have a blessed day! :D

† GOD BLESS Pure NRG! †

Brenna said...

Thanks, Pink Dolphin! I'm so sorry about your grandma. I'll definitely pray for her. I'd love to see the poem. (:

Thanks for visiting my blog!

Happy Thanksgiving!

-Brenna

Maritza said...

I would also like to pray for your Grandma,
Pink Dolphin, if that is okay.

The books certainly sound interesting, and I would like to check into them. Thank you for sharing your thoughts and ideas, as I found them very interesting!

- Maritza