I've been thinking a lot lately about the fact that... I just plain miss how things used to be. I can't give them up. I miss when I was seven, and I had my very own dog. He was my best friend. I miss when was ten and eleven, and my best friend was really still my best friend. Where we had the funniest of conversations. Where we were super close. Where she was always there for me. Where we were inseparable.
But things have just changed. We've gone our separate ways. Even though we're still great friends, things just aren't the same anymore.
Earlier tonight, I was talking to one of my online friends on a chat system. And somehow, we started talking about our old days. Where we were the best of friends. How we used to have endless conversations. He's a guy, and I'm a girl, but we didn't care. We were the only ones who could understand each other. And we loved it that way. But then, something happened, and our friendship just fell apart. Our conversations grew smaller and smaller, until they were completely dropped. We realized tonight that we really missed those conversations. That we were growing farther and farther apart, and we didn't like it. So we made a decision that we're going to try to return to the "old days". Even though him and I are so entirely different then we were back in March-July, we can still be friends. I think things will go better now.
I just plain don't have that many friends. The youth at my church consists of me, my brothers, and a small smattering of babies, two toddlers, a five year old, and a seven year old. Even though I absolutely love hanging out with the people at Speech club, it's not like we get together all the time and know each other's personal secrets. At art class, we're more like a really wacko family. We just blurt stuff out, so that we can never really be "friends".
Have you ever heard the Hawk Nelson song, "Friend Like That"?
"I, I need somebody on the inside
I, I want somebody who can set me free
I'm not the only one who feels like this
I've got a few others around me
Hey let me hear ya say
Make some noise if you feel this way
Hey if you got a friend like that
Hey let's scream and shout
If you know what I'm talkin' `bout
Anybody got a friend like that?"
So obviously I'm not the only one in desperate need of a "friend like that"!
A friend like that... Someone who would listen.
"I needed a person
Who would just stay
And smile patiently
While I talked all day"
Someone who actually cared.
"Someone who cared for me
No matter what I did
They’d love me to the end
And that’s exactly what you did"
Someone who wanted the real me, no matter what.
"I longed for a person
That wanted the real me
I didn’t have to put on a disguise
You just let me be"
Someone who showed me the way when I was lost.
"And then you came along
You opened a door I hadn’t seen before
One that led to what I needed to see
One that made me smile much more"
Someone who really loved me.
And quite frankly, I just couldn't find a friend like that. I was lost.
On one of my favorite websites (purenrgonline.com), we're all one big family. All of us regular members are all such great friends, and one of the things we all find most important is the fact that we can share prayer requests, and we instantly have ten people posting, saying they're praying. It's amazing how things spread around, and all of a sudden, everyone's praying. I first really saw this back in July.
One girl, who hadn't posted all that much before, made a desperate prayer request comment. These were her exact words:
"Would you [Jordan Yates, pureNRG] and anyone else reading this do me a HUGE favor? okay, I have a new little brother named Elijah! the only prob is that he was due on October, 22. but insted he decided to come monday night. [Remember, this is back in July!] he is 2lbs. 3oz. he's doing fine right now, but he's gonna need all the help he can get if he wants to make it in this world, PLEASE PRAY! Thanks SO much! love ya! Congrats on ur permit! love, ur sister in Christ, Gabe"
Less than an hour afterwards, one of my very good friends on that website responded saying that she'd pray for Gabrielle and Eli. Soon someone else came on, saying the same. Gabrielle was overwhelmed with joy. Finally, I saw the comment, and said that I'd be praying for Eli. I was remembering the tragedy with my little sister, and I promised that I'd pray constantly for them.
The flood of replies to her, and her responses were incredible. At least thirty of us responded, without knowing anything at all about her, all saying that we'd pray for this baby we'd just learned about. The love was amazing.
This really opened a door to us other members. We realized that we were going to get lots of prayers, so now there's knew requests every other day. I asked people to pray for my Speech tournament, and got unbelievable responses. And just a couple days ago, one kid told us about one of his sister's friends who died in a car accident. It was very sad, especially since the mom died soon afterwards, and there were tons of posts saying that they'd pray.
Now that, I'm telling you, is a true friend. A good friend. A friend like that. Everyone on there are the friends that I've been looking for. I found what I needed.
But most of all, I've realized who's the real Friend that all of us need. Jesus is the One and Only that can really fill our hearts and be the Friend that we honestly need.
Thank you, Jesus, for always listening.
For always caring.
For always wanting the real me.
For always showing me the way.
For always loving me.
For always being my friend.
Sunday, December 21, 2008
Anybody Got A Friend Like That?
Posted by Brenna at 3:29 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

23 comments:
Once again, Amazing post! It would be neat to be a member of the PURGn website. I think I'll sign up later...
Thanks, Martiza! And just a little correction, it's actually pureNRG. :) But pureNRG is a group, so that's their official website. However, they have an audio player on their website, so you can certainly listen to some of the music, and even if you don't care for it, feel free to stay on!
WHAT. A. GREAT. POST.
Man! I wish I could write like that!!! I don't really listen to PureNRG, but, Those boards sound cool. We are leaving in 3 days!!! I'm so excited, I can hardly wait. I dn't have that many friends here, Only one but I see her like twice a year. So I just sit here on the PC all day., Being bored... LOL.
Well GTG for now!
-Peenkee
P.S. Hope y'all have a good Christmas! We are leaving at like 9 AM So I will try and get a good Christmas post up before we leave for the plane.
Bye!
Merry (Early) Christmas!
Hi, Footloose! It's Pink Dolphin 14 again! I'm so sorry that I haven't posted in a while. I know what you mean. I hope Chase is feeling O.K., he hasn't been on for a while. Remember I told you that I wrote a poem about my grandma Yoya? Her real name is Aurora, but we always call her grandma Yoya (it's pronounced like yo-yo, but with an a). It's called Here I Sit:
Here I sit again.
With a notebook and a pen,
And my grandma in a hospital bed
With a hurting head.
Why am I so sad?
Shouldn’t I be glad?
Grandma Yoya said she had
Accepted Jesus and told my dad.
The grace of God brings,
A lot of joy and makes me sing.
Jesus is the King of Kings,
Lord over everything.
Here I sit on a chair,
I’d rather be at a fair
On a rollercoaster that scares
And makes my hair fly everywhere.
But I’m here.
For the second time I fear
For my Grandma Yoya, she’s near
I hope she gets better, oh dear.
I hope you liked it! She has been to the hospital 5 times in the past month or two, but thanks to the people on pureNRGonline, she has been better and hasn't gone to the hospital in two or three weeks! But ultimately, God has been healing her.
Prayer requests:
1) My uncle's unsaved brother is dying in Mexico City (he lives there). My uncle just came back last night at 11:00 p.m. from visiting his brother for a day and staying in Mexico for a week. Please pray for the healing of his brother, but more importantly for both of their salvation.
2) My mom went to the doctor again, but she's getting ultra-sound on her abdomen. We don't know what's wrong with her, and neither do the doctors, yet. Please pray for her. She gets tired often and usually doesn't feel well. We are all worried, but we know that we will accept God's will no matter what happens.
3) Please keep praying for Chase and Chyenne. I know they live a few states away from me, but they are our bro and sis in Christ!
Thanks for reading, and I'm sorry this was so long. I have three questions. If you can't answer some of them, don't worry.
1) What state do you live in?
I live in Southern CA.
2) How old are you?
I'm 14.
3) Are you home schooled?
I am.
TTYL! God Bless!
~ Pink Dolphin 14 ~
† GOD BLESS pureNRG! †
Thanks so much, Madi!
As for the pureNRG website, they're not really "boards", like Let's Talk Homeschool. We really just leave comments everywhere. It takes a few minutes to get used to, but it's so awesome!
Merry Christmas to you, too! Have an awesome time in CA!!
Yay long comments! :D
That's okay you haven't been on in a while, Pink Dolphin. :)
Wow-- that song is amazing. So much passion and emotion, the reader/listener can really get into the feeling. We can feel your pain, and that's what you want. (I'm assuming...)
And, of course, we can't thank God enough that He's healing your grandmother. I've been praying for her every day, and I'm so glad that she's seeing better days.
1. Oh, I'm so sorry. I'll definitely pray that Jesus will show His salvation to your uncle's brother, and that he may, even if he dies, live an everlasting life in Christ's arms.
2. Oh, that's horrible! I'll definitely be praying for you mom. I hope she feels better.
3. Of course. I've been praying very much for Chase, Catherine, and Chyenne. It's so horrible to think of nobody being there for you, and I can't imagine with Chyenne is going through.
As for your questions...
1. I also live in Southern California.
2. I'm 12.
3. I'm also home schooled!
Talk to ya later!
-Footloose
Thanks for responding so quickly! Wow, you really liked my poem that much?!? I showed it to some of my other friends and they liked it too, I guess it has to do with my low confidence. You are a great friend! Thanks for praying for her, I do too. I also pray for you and my other friends on the web every day. you are a very kind, encouraging person and I'm glad I have the blessing of calling you my friend. Thanks for answering my questions! And my friend Kaylee has a cool website you would probably like. It's www.purenrgworld.piczo.com. TTYL! God Bless!
~ Pink Dolphin 14~
† GOD BLESS pureNRG! †
No problem! And yes, your poem was awesome! I used to have a super low confidence, too. But now, I don't believe my own harsh thoughts for a moment. You're really great! I'm glad that I can call you my friend, too. :) And I checked out your friend's site! It's awesome!
Talk to ya later.
Hey, Footloose. (I forgot, Am I allowed to say your name on your blog?). I am so excited to be going for the 2nd time this year! THIS. IS. SO .AWESOME.
And I have a prayer request:
Please pray for my grandpa he is pretty sick, And that is the main reason we are going to CA...
I hope that Pink Dolphin 14 doesn't mind. But I answered her questions.
1.Oklahoma
2. I'm 11
3. I'm also homeschooled
What a great poem!!!
Wow! i wish I could write like that! I like to design and draw... BUT writing is my best subject in school. But, I am always saying "Man! I wish I could write like that!!!" LOL
Well I gotta go! So, Bye!
-Peenkee
P.S. Hey Footloose, Is it okay if I comment a link to my blog on here? It's just you my grandma and my mom commenting on my blog...
Well, Bye!
Your 12? By the way your posts sounded, I thought that you must be at least 14! You are really smart!
-Maritza
lol, yeah, I'm only 12. Thanks, though!
Yeah, Madi, you can say my name on blogspot!
Yes, I'll certainly pray for your grandpa. That's so sad. :( I hope he gets better.
Sure, you can go ahead and post the link! Maybe I'll put your blog in my list of favorite websites.
K, thanks brenna!
Okay, I will post one in a little bit.
Thanks for praying for my grandpa brenna.
Penkee: Thanks for the compliments! I'll certainly be praying for your grandpa. I hope he gets well soon. And thanks for answering my questions too. Are you coming to Southern CA?
Footloose: Are you Brenna & pureNRGaholic? I wanted to make sure. And thanks for visiting Kaylee's site!
~ Pink Dolphin 14 ~
† GOD BLESS pureNRG! †
Hi again! I just wanted to invite everyone who lives in Southern CA or will be in Southern CA to Hope Chapel's Christmas Eve Service. It is the Hope chapel in San Pedro and the service will be at 6:00p.m. - 7:00 p.m. This is the address: 461 West 9th Street San Pedro, CA 90731. Please come if you can, but if you can't just tell me. Don't worry if you can't come, I know some people have traditions on the night of christmas Eve. I hope to see you there if you can make it! TTYL!
~ Pink Dolphin 14 ~
† GOD BLESS pureNRG! †
Madi- K. I added you to my list of favorite websites.
Pink Dolphin 14- Yes, I am Brenna, and pureNRGaholic. :) And no problem! Also, your service sounds super awesome, and I'd really love to go, but we're spending Christmas Eve with my great grandma. Sorry! Plus, I'm not sure how far San Pedro is from me... I think it's quite a ways.
Brenna: Don't worry about it. I knew no one would probably go because of family traditions and other things. I guess I'll have to have fun with my other friends at church! Maybe we could meet another day. I've only seen Olivia (alwaysNRGetic) once before at a pureNRG concert. At least we can still type to each other! TTYL!
~ Pink Dolphin 14 ~
† GOD BLESS pureNRG! †
Wow, once again Brenna, GREAT POST(you might wanna get used to me saying that, rofl!)
I know how that can feel sometimes, but it's great to know that the Lord is always there for you in the low times and in the high times!!!
I know, isn't it wonderful to have such great friends on there?!?! Those are people who you can always share things with and are truly considered great friends! Thanks for being my friend on there, Brenna!
Olivia
Pink Dolphin 14: No, We're not going to southern CA. but we fly in at the airport there and get a 3 hour drive... UGH
Brenna: Cool I need to put will blog on my blog rolls.
Merry Christmas Brenna! And Everyone who comments here!!!
Merry Christmas everyone! I hope you have a great day and that you don't forget the real meaning of Christmas . . . CHRIST!!! =D =D =D Remember to celebrate your Savior's birth and I hope you get everything you want, but more importantly that you have fun on Jesus' Birthday. TTYL! God Bless!
~ Pink Dolphin 14 ~
† GOD BLESS pureNRG! †
Merry CHRISTmas, everyone!!
Merry Christmas!
Post a Comment