Here's this year's Christmas letter from my family! I got to write it. :D
Bonjour! Hola! Aloha! Salve!
Greetings to all in every different language!
Wow- it’s hard to believe another year has whisked by, leaving us all in a whirl of tears and laughter. Our family has had a year of excitement and joy, happily going wherever the Lord takes us. We’ve been to Sedona, Vail, Las Vegas, Bryce Canyon, and Lake Tahoe for the fifth time! Talk about travel!
Dad turned 41 this year- talk about over the hill! He still owns his computer programming business and has been working as hard as ever. He’s also been making monthly trips to San Francisco, one week at a time, to work for a client up there. We sure miss him while he’s gone! But most importantly of all, he’s the best dad anyone could ever ask for.
Mom is now 39, but she doesn’t look a day over 40! She runs the roost every day with selflessness and care, and is the best teacher that ever walked the planet. She loves each and every one of us deeply, almost as much as she adores the Lord.
Turned Loose is… 16?! Where has the time gone? It seems like only yesterday he was running around in diapers. But now he’s grown up, and he’s seriously looking into a career in science. He’s been taking a chemistry class, right along with advanced composition, US History, and his second year of Latin. He sure is a handsome, intelligent young man, and we all love him.
Then there’s On the Loose. The little stinker is 3 years old now! His life basically revolves around trains. Any flat, horizontal surface is officially dubbed a train track. We often find his Duplos, all lined up in a row, on the living room floor with him pulling them around, with a “Choo! Choo!” He’s definitely a high maintenance little fellow, but we still love him. (Most of the time)
As for me, I’d rather be typing away at my latest novel than anything else. Writing is simply what I love best. Music also plays a huge part in my life. My iPod’s always playing, and my headphones have seen better days. But most of all, I live for Him. That comes over everything and dominates all. Nobody in the our family loves anything as much as our Savior.
Our church is thriving and we’re welcoming visitors every Sunday. There’s been quite the blossom of babies in the past year, and On the Loose has found a couple playmates. Turned Loose and I have been participating in an NCFCA Speech and Debate club. It’s become a big part of our lives- we spend three hours every Monday night at club, and, with the tournament season drawing near, we definitely need all the practice we can get!
But most of all, we praise the Lord that He’s given us another year to live to its fullest, and is laying out another one for us to look forward to. We hope that all of you are experiencing the same pleasures and joy as we say ‘goodbye’ to 2008, and ‘hello’ to 2009.
Much Joy and Best Wishes to All,
“The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen.”- Revelation 22:21
Monday, December 15, 2008
Christmas Letter
Posted by Brenna at 3:53 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
What a great post brenna!
I wish I could write like that!
It's snowing right now and very very cold! It's in the 20s ALL. DAY. LONG.
Yesterday it was -5 degrees! Brrrrrrrrrrrr
well not much to say right now!
TTYL!
-Peenkee
Where do you live? In Boise it was pretty cold, but not nearly that cold!
-Maritza
Like I said in your previous blog post, "You are an amazing writer!" I'm not kidding, the Lord has really blessed you with an amazing ability to write!!! Once again, a great post, Brenna! Sounds like the Lord has truly blessed your family this year!
We're leaving tomorrow morning, bright and early, to go to Michigan! A nice n' long 14 hour ride there and just the same back=P We're coming back on the 22nd just in time for Christmas at our house! One week until Christmas, and we haven't even sent out our Christmas card and letter....YIKES!!
Olivia
Thanks, Madi! Wow-- it's COLD in OK! I have to say that I'm not glad I live there! (No offense, of course. :D)
Awww, thanks so much, Olivia! And yes, my family has definitely been blessed by God this year.
Wow! Have fun in Michigan, despite the drive! I thought 10 hours to Lake Tahoe was long- I'm not sure if I could make it 14!
You guys better hurry up with the card, lol!
You are very welcome Brenna!!!
We will=) My cousin said she was gonna bring us sledding too....it's gonna be fun!!! Oh, yeah? Our family just come back from a HUGE trip and we were in the car over 50 hours!!!!! That WAS a LOOOONG trip, lol! But yeah, 14 is plenty long enough for me=P But I'm really used to it cuz we do that trip(the 14 hour one that is), at least every-other year, haha!
lol, tell be about it=) I think my mom is gonna write it tonight before we leave so we can mail the when we get to Michigan. Talk about pushing it, haha=P
Olivia
We live in the ummm.... like around Arkansas and Missouri...
This will make it easier:
THE DISASTER STATE.
Tornado's, Horrible storms, The worst winters ever. Last year we had an Ice storm that left people without power for weeks. We get ice so thick that you could Ice skate on it.
Right now we are in a Dense Fog advisory, and Winter weather Advisory.
Right now it's not that cold... Only 35 Degrees.
oh. That sounds fun! I live in Boise, Idaho. Which is really not a life-threatening place to live!
-Maritza
Post a Comment