Sunday, December 21, 2008

So Here We Go Again

"Here we go, here we go, it's a brand new day. And I sing 'cause I know that You lead my way. Life is good in a world where Your wonder never ends... So here we go again!"

I honestly think that I am one of the most blessed people ever. Sure, there's the negatives:

1. I lost my sister.
2. I lost three dogs, and dad says no to anymore.
3. My closest friends are going into that stage where all they care about is guys, their hair, and other stuff that I really could care less about.
4. I just plain don't fit in with other people my age, though everyone expects me to.

Now let's count those positives...

1. I've got a warm house.
2. I'm never left hungry.
3. I have the awesomest parents that ever lived.
4. My brothers are way cool.
5. I'm HOME SCHOOLED!
6. My friends are still pretty cool.
7. "The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases, His mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning." (Lamentations 3:21-23)
8. I've been showered with more useless luxuries than I can count.
9. I have people like you guys that keep me moving.
10. I have been accepted into the body of Christ, and I have God waiting for me with open arms whenever I need Him.

See how the goods outnumber the bads? A ratio of 5 to 2. (Look, mom- math on winter break!)

God has blessed me with more things than you can even imagine. I'm living like a queen in His palace.

So I just wanted to take a minute to say "Thank you, God, for giving me life and gifts that I don't deserve in the slightest.

For treating me like a queen.

My King.

4 comments:

Ronette said...

See! You *can* do math! :-)

You are developing such a great attitude my little Footloose! May the Lord continue to bless you as you live for Him.

Mom

Brenna said...

Thanks, Mom. Math teacher. :)

Anonymous said...

Haha, I like my math....but I'm not complaining that I'm not doing it right now=P

Your right though, we are SOOO blessed with SOOO many thing!

Wow, this is probably my shortest post I have ever posted on you blog, Brenna! Yay me, lol! Jk;)

Olivia

Maritza said...

It is true that we often forget how much we have and we turn to complaining. It is very easy to do. It is good to remember how much we have and how little more we need!