...And hello, 2009!
Like normal, I stayed up till midnight and watched the ball drop on TV. (I don't live in New York- it was on Dick Clark's New Years Eve. ;])
And, like normal, I've been thinking of a New Years Resolution.
All my old ones were kinda stupid, and they never lasted. There was "brush my teeth more", "eat less Popsicles" and "earn $500", but I've never kept any of them. (Not even the brushing the teeth one.)
But this year, not only did I want to make one that I think I can actually keep, but I wanted to make one that I thought would be more useful. Yeah, sure, brushing my teeth more will help me in the long run, but I want some immediate change.
So... Here it is!
I want to be a Friend Like That.
Ever since I made that blog post, the topic has popped up in my mind many times. I know that I don't treat my friends in the best way, and I want to cut that mean behavior out. But this doesn't just apply to people I usually call friends; it means my family, my coaches, my French teacher, all my online friends, kids I may not know, but want to be friends- everyone! I want to spread the love of God, show it to everyone, and watch non-Christians come to him. For them to realize that Christ is the only way.
I think I can keep this one.
I think that I can fufill my commitment.
And I encourage you to do it, as well. Join me on my quest to make this world a better place; to have more Friends Like That. Reach out and hold your head high. Give a smile to the little old lady crossing the street. Help your elderly neighbor with his bags. Even when you're feeling cranky, don't take it out on your friends.
Be a friend.
People will thank you for it.
I can assure you will benefit from becoming a Friend Like That.
So as we say "goodbye" to 2008, and "hello" to 2009, keep those words in mind. Together, we can make a difference!
Happy New Year, everyone!
Wednesday, December 31, 2008
Goodbye 2008...
Posted by Brenna at 3:36 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Great post! That's what I've been thinking about too! I will make that one of my resolutions! Happy New Year!
~ Pink Dolphin 14 ~
† GOD BLESS pureNRG! †
Ω Happy New Year! Ω
Awesome post Brenna! I agree, when you change your actions, people really do notice a growth in you, and I believe can truly strengthen your friendships! That is def. something I think a lot of people can grow in...including myself:)
Olivia
Awesome post Brenna! I agree, when you change your actions, people really do notice a growth in you, and I believe can truly strengthen your friendships! That is def. something I think a lot of people can grow in...including myself:)
Olivia
Great Idea! I will defiantly add it to my resolutions! Lord-willing. Happy New Year
Hey Brenna, Happy LATE New Year!
PLEASE Hurry up and update! I'm getting bored here! LOL
Well, GTG Bye!
Post a Comment