Can you imagine?
Can you imagine being pregnant with God, yet having to settle into a stable?
Can you imagine giving birth to the Person that would save the world- with sheep crowding around you?
Can you imagine having shepherds come and visit you and your baby?
It's pretty hard, isn't it?
Can you believe that Mary went through that? That our Savior was born in a stable?
Last night, my mom, older brother and I went to my great grandma's church for a Christmas Eve service. It was quite nice. Mostly, we sang Cristmas Carols in between Bible readings. We sang many of my favorites- "Joy To The World", "Angels We Have Heard On High", "What Child Is This", and "Hark The Herald Angels Sing". While we were doing "O Little Town Of Bethlehem", all of us attenders were given small candles. The pastor lighted the ushers' candles, and they all lighted the first person in each row's candle. The flame was then passed down through the row. When all of us were lighted, the church was dimmed, and we sang "Silent Night!".
Thanks to "A pureNRG Christmas", I know the lyrics to most Christmas songs now, so I didn't have to hold my lyric booklet while singing. As we got to "Son of God... love's pure Light", all of a sudden, I didn't want the song to ever end. I was filled with an over-powering senstation. I looked up to the celing, and brought my eyes to Heaven. As a single tear trickled down my cheek, I knew that God was working through me. I could feel him telling me: "Do not be afraid. I'm always with you." It was so powerful that I completely forgot about the people around me. I couldn't hear anyone else singing. It was only I. I alone was singing to God, and He was putting His arms around me in a never ending grasp.
If I had ever doubted His love before, I don't think I'll ever do it again. Yes, the moment ended, and I can breathe again, but I'll always know He's there.
God always has His arms around me.
He won't let me fall into the pit of despair.
He won't let me stray from the narrow path.
If I get lost, He'll show me the way again.
Thank you, Lord.
And thank you everyone for making my Christmas dreams come true. Not just the gifts, but everything else.
The love.
The peace.
The joy.
The patience.
Thank you for making this the best Christmas I've ever had.
Yes, maybe the Person that I can't live without was born in a stable and laid in a manger.
He loves me.
And He's never going to stop.
"Silent Night...
Holy Night...
All is calm...
All is bright...
Round yon virgin, mother and Child...
Holy Infant, so tender and mild...
Sleep in Heavenly peace...
Sleep in Heavenly peace...
Can you imagine?
Thursday, December 25, 2008
The Greatest Present Ever
Posted by Brenna at 12:56 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Brenna that's amazing how you just totally, completely felt His presents(idk if that's how you spell that, but I don't mean presents as in "gifts")! I'm sure that's such a comforting feeling, huh? Beautiful post Brenna...beautiful post!
Thank you... Olivia? And yes, it really is amazing. I believe you were trying to say "presence"? I got what you meant. ;)
Merry Christmas!
Wow, that's awesome that you could actually feel the Lord holding you and block out everyone around you! At the Christmas Eve service at my church we sang the same songs you did! Except we didn't have real lighted candles, we had a slide projected on the wall - like a pic. with two rows of lighted candles. Merry Christmas! I hope you have a great rest of the day!
~ Pink Dolphin 14 ~
† GOD BLESS pureNRG! †
Your welcome, and yes, I'm so sorry, I keep on forgetting to put my name at the bottom....sorry! Yes, that's exactly what I meant....I'm not the greatest speller in the world=P
Olivia
lol, that's okay!
That is really cool that you could hear the Lords voice. I wish we could all have experiences like that. How many more people would then believe in God
Post a Comment